Mirrors are one of the most fascinating, multi-functional decorative objects that people generally like to collect and own. Aside from its obvious practical function of letting us evaluate our appearances, mirrors also serve various other purposes. For instance, mirrors are used today to create an illusion of more space in a room, lighten up a dark room, or simply transform the interiors of a space into something more sophisticated.
As such, an Antique mirror placed at the right spot can add a unique style to any room. What is even more interesting is the fact that glass manufacturers today have tons of tools at their disposal to make magnificent antique mirrors by themselves. In this article, we will leave you with a detailed step-by-step guide to convert any mirror into an antique. In addition, we will introduce you to some amazingly useful products from the catalog of Creative Resins’ that are bound to help you in your endeavor.
But first, let’s understand what Antique Mirrors truly are and unravel the mystery behind their magnetic appeal.
What are Antique Mirrors and How to Identify Them?
Antique Mirrors have an old, rundown but classy look to them. Most Antique Mirrors are made of glass coated with silver chrome or gold. Aside from other telltale signs, their crystalline appearance usually indicates their age. Today’s glass manufacturing process has almost made the development of bubbles and other impurities on a glass pane a thing of the past.
The appearance of bubbles on a mirror is a major sign that tells you a mirror is an antique. Other imperfections like waviness or inconsistent glass thickness are also signs that indicate a mirror is old. On the other hand, if there are absolutely no imperfections on a mirror, then it is highly likely that a mirror is a modern recreation, even though it may appear antique.
Guide to Make an Antique Mirror
Follow the below guide step-by-step to create the perfect Antique Mirror.
1. To begin with, take a glass panel you want to turn into an antique mirror. Then, place it safely on your workstation and start spraying an antique solution on it with the help of a trigger bottle. We recommend you look no further than Creative Resins for high-end antique solutions.
Creative Resins is home to a range of antique mirror solutions that help create various antique effects on all types of glass, including toughened glass.
The solution is used in combination with our highly reflective Mirror paint to create a plethora of stunning effects.
You can grab these solutions from our online store at a reasonable price today and get them delivered straight to your doorstep in no time.
2. Now follow this step by spraying the glass pane using a spray reactor via a trigger spray bottle. Make sure you cover the entire surface. The reactor will react with the antique solution.
3. Once you’ve sprayed the reactor, just leave the glass to dry for a while. You can later use an air gun to blow dry the glass.
4. After the glass has dried up completely, coat it with mirror paint using a standard spray gun. Make sure to gradually move the spray from one end of the mirror to the other to avoid blindspots. You can search Creative Resins’ online catalog for quality mirror paint products.
We provide industrial quality heat-resistant and waterproof mirror glass paint products that will not discolor, scratch, or delaminate. The mirror paint is highly reflective and transforms any type of glass into a highly reflective mirror without multiple processes.
Combine antique mirror paint with our innovative range of antique solutions. You can transform small or large glass panels into incredibly realistic antique mirrors, giving them a really authentic feel. The combinations of mirror distressing and aging, along with the variety of blemish colors, make Mirror Paint an exceptional product. So whether you have an antique mirror that needs some restoration or maintenance or want to make your own antique mirror or just transform plain glass into a mirror we have just the glass paint products you need.
5. After coating, give the mirror more time to dry. Once dried, you can proceed to cover the back of the glass with black glass paint.
Congratulations, your Antique Mirror is now ready.
Check the link below for the making of a perfect Antique Mirror.